VI - Corporate Documentation System
VI is a responsive web solution designed for the staff members of Davivienda to manage, consult, create and modify corporate documents of the bank and it’s subsidiaries in 6 different countries.
UX / UI designer (Research, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Prototyping)
Figma, InVision, Jamboard, Diagrams
Jun 2020 - Oct 2020
• The bank and its subsidiaries lacked a unified document management system, making it difficult for employees to access and share documents on different devices and across the different locations.
• The current systems did not have adequate security measures to protect sensitive documents.
• Collaboration and document sharing between departments and subsidiaries was difficult and time-consuming.
Goals & Objectives
• Structure a single repository of corporate documentation for the bank and its subsidiaries, ensuring the formality and validity of the processes, governance, methodologies, business and organizational architecture.
• Design a solution that is easy to use and accessible on different devices to improve document sharing and collaboration.
• Ensure that the app has adequate security measures to protect sensitive documents.
As a UX/UI designer, my role in the project was to lead an end to end solution, starting with discovery and research and finally delivering a design product, working closely with the client and other stakeholders.
The subsidiaries where using different tools to manage their internal documents, making difficult to compare documents and have document version control.
Working close with the client, product owners and our project manager, conducted sessions of impact mapping to define goals, actors, impacts and deliverables. This approach helped us to determine key user needs and the direction of the project.
I conducted interviews and surveys with employees from various departments and subsidiaries to gather information about their current document management practices and pain points, to understand their needs and challenges.
After gathering the data of the current users of the app I identified five type of users that demonstrates key user needs, expectations, and pain points:
- Content creators
- Content curators
- Content editors
- Functional administrators
- Final users:
- • Business areas
- • Bank control areas
- • Commercial channels
- • Operational areas
- • Process managers
The user journey map, helped me understand the users context and gave me a clear picture of the steps the users go through when interacting with the app, also:
• Organize the site content into taxonomies and hierarchies of information.
• Communicate conceptual overviews and the overall site organization to the development team and clients.
• Research and design the core site navigation concepts.
Based on the existing brand guidelines, I developed a design system for this app with the aim of maintaining consistency and alignment in the design and future iterations.
Starting from the Leitmotiv, this brand is built differently, showing versatility and innovation, with a 3d set of organic shapes.
The logo clearly shows the letters "vi" which makes reading easier.
Brand values: Innovation, business and teamwork
The type scale is defined following Vi’s brand design guidelines.
Open sans was chosen because it is optimized for print, web, and mobile interfaces, and has excellent legibility characteristics in its letterforms.
Allowing to have consistency and maintain the hierarchy with sections and actions.